Right, I forgot to do one of these last year, but I’d managed for 2008.
- I toured the US with my book Mythmakers & Lawbreakers: Anarchist Writers on Fiction, culminating in a talk with Ursula K Le Guin at Powell’s Books in Portland.
- I had two art shows in Seattle, one in February and one in October.
- I began work as a regular contributor to Alan Moore’s Dodgem Logic magazine, usually on the topic of post-civilization theory.
- I tabled at and spoke at a number of anarchist bookfairs and festivals in the US and europe.
- I went on book tour in europe, speaking about anarchist fiction, the US anarchist scene, and the apocalypse (three different talks, you understand) in a bunch of awesome places.
- I wrote a bunch of editorial stuff, for The Anvil, for this blog, for the now-defunct blog on Squat The Planet (which is still alive as a forum, which was the heart of it anyhow), for Strangers In A Tangled Wilderness, and probably other places.
- I released two photo books, Being The Explorations #2 and Being The Explorations #3.
- I went trainhopping again for the first time in nearly a decade.
- I released a new album by a new music project, Nomadic War Machine, and played two shows thus far with it.
- I took an epic number of photos of my travels.
A year is a long time, it turns out.
2 thoughts on “2010 in review”
I’m followin’ your blog since 1-2 years and I love your different “projects”. there’s so much energy in it. your zines and photobooks are very inspiring, and I also dig your music-projects. I’m in the oldschool cut&paste-punkrock-collage-thing and also doin’ some mural (or car) paintings if someone is asking. everything diy.
what more to say:
keep up good work ;-)
thank you! That means a lot to me.