So, in 2013:
- I put out another photo book, Being the Explorations #6.
- Strangers in a Tangled Wilderness released The Super-Happy Anarcho Fun Book.
- I did a lot of crafts. I learned how to make kikko armor from hardened leather. I made a ton of jewelry and eventually opened an etsy shop, dragonpunk.
- I finished my first linear novel, A Country of Ghosts, which should be out from Combustion Books in March 2014.
- I wrote a novella, the name of which I’m not revealing just yet.
- I wrote two introduction-to-anarchism zines, Life Without Law and Propaganda of the Dead. The title of the latter one I’ve been sitting on for like 5 years, waiting to do something awesome with.
- I basically just gave myself permission to be a writer again. Which, appropriately enough, has come with a lot of financial hardship.
- I helped design the world for Penumbra City, a tabletop RPG to be released by Black Flag Games.
- I went on tour to discuss the political repression of anarchists in the US.
- Strangers In A Tangled Wilderness, a zine publishing collective I work with, turned 10.
- I visited the last few states I needed in order to have visited all the lower 48 states.
I focus on projects in these lists because, by and large, I keep my personal life private. But it’s been an intense year for a lot of people I’m very close to, with its share of grief and hardship. I look forward to the days growing longer once more.