I didn’t realize that it’s obligatory to do a year-in-review post when you have a blog. My apologies. As you might have noticed, I don’t really talk about my personal life online, so that will more or less be left out of it.
- I did a mini-tour as a drummer for Ego Likeness.
- I published SteamPunk Magazine #4, which will be my last SteamPunk as primary editor.
- I tabled anarchist bookfaires and the portland zine symposium, always fun.
- I apprenticed as an offset printer with anarchist publishers Eberhardt Press.
- I had my first art show as a photographer.
- I traveled the southwest, saw the grand canyon and death valley. I visited Seattle for the first time, and then went back repeatedly, making awesome friends in the process. I ended a long relationship and moved from Portland to Baltimore.
- I played my first (and second, third, fourth, and I think fifth) show as a solo accordion player.
- I released two albums: We Are Not In The Least Afraid of Ruins, with my industrial band Attack Attack Attack, and Demo 08, a solo accordion thing.
- I finished a comic book that will be coming out soon.
- I wrote and published a number of small zines.
- I found out that a project of mine on anarchist fiction writers will be published by AK Press: my first book deal.
Next year? I don’t really make resolutions, but I will say I will be disappointed if I haven’t finished a longer form fiction work by the end of it. But yeah, more shows, more zines, more photography, more books, more traveling.